What is the Kern PBS Multi-functional Laboratory Balance?
The PBS is a high accuracy balance with multiple weighing modes. It uses shock proof, single cell technology, and provides a short stablisation time, high corner load performance and vibration free weighing, with vibrations automatically filtered to ensure a stable reading. Metal housing ensures the PBS withstands regular, daily use.
Additionally, the PBS has an RS-232 interface for connectivity to PCs and compatible Kern printers, and date and time stamped weighing results for GLP compliance.
A draft shield is provided with selected models – please contact us for more details. A protective in use cover is provided with all models.
What are the weighing functions of the PBS?
The PBS makes weighing easier and more accurate with several weighing functions available:
- Percentage weighing: the balance will display the deviation from the reference weight in the form of a percentage.
- Weighing within tolerance range: A checkweighing function, allowing you to enter high and low limits, with a visual signal highlighting whether the weight on the balance is over, under or within tolerance. This helps with portioning, dispensing or grading.
- Dosage aid: High-stability mode and other filter settings can be selected.
- Piece counting: Count multiple identical small items instantly.
- Suspended weighing: Items can be weighed using a hook on the underside of the balance.
- Recipe weighing/memory: Calculates the weight of a container and ingredients.
- Weight totalising: Multiple weight readings can be totalised on the balance.
Popular applications for the Kern PBS Multi-functional Laboratory Balance
The PBS is highly suited to demanding laboratory weighing applications. Additionally, it can be used in food manufacturing and testing environments.
Need an approved model? The Kern PBJ is the equivalent model, which you can see here.
See our full range of laboratory balances here. For help with choosing the right lab balances for your needs, speak to our weighing experts on 01908 972 660.
|Model||PBS 620-3M||PBS 4200-2M||PBS 6200-2M|
|Pan Size||108 x 105mm||180 x 190mm||180 x 190mm|
|Weighing Units||g kg||g kg||g kg|
|Operating Temp||10 °C to 30 °C||10 °C to 30 °C||10 °C to 30 °C|
|Power Supply||220 V - 240 V AC 50 Hz||220 V - 240 V AC 50 Hz||220 V - 240 V AC 50 Hz|
|Construction||Cast aluminium alloys||Cast aluminium alloys||Cast aluminium alloys|
|Overall Dims.||209 mm x 322 mm x 78 mm||200 mm x 320 mm x 85 mm||340 mm x 220 mm x 78 mm|
|Shipping Dims.||372 mm x 585 mm x 270 mm||450 mm x 370 mm x 255 mm||450 mm x 370 mm x 255 mm|