What is the Kern PBJ Approved Multi-functional Laboratory Balance?
The PBJ is a high accuracy, trade approved lab balance with multiple weighing modes, providing easily-recordable weighing results. This professional balance is essential for any application where accurate weighing is required, using a balance with EC type approval.
The PBJ uses shock proof, single cell technology, and provides a short stabilisation time, high corner load performance and vibration free weighing, with vibrations automatically filtered to ensure a stable reading. Metal housing ensures the PBJ withstands regular, daily use.
Automatic internal adjustment in the case of a change in temperature and time-controlled at defined intervals, guarantees high degree of accuracy and makes the balance independent of its location of use.
Additionally, an RS-232 interface allows data to be sent to a PC or compatible Kern printer (contact us for more details).
A draft shield is provided with the PBJ 620-3M model. A protective in use cover is provided with all models.
What are the weighing functions of the Kern PBJ?
Get accurate, reliable weight readings even in the harshest of environments with the IWS.
The PBJ makes high accuracy, approved weighing easier thanks to its multiple weighing functions:
- Percentage weighing: the balance will display the deviation from the reference weight in the form of a percentage.
- Weighing within tolerance range: A checkweighing function, allowing you to enter high and low limits, with a visual signal highlighting whether the weight on the balance is over, under or within tolerance. This helps with portioning, dispensing or grading.
- Dosage aid: High-stability mode and other filter settings can be selected.
- Piece counting: Count multiple identical small items instantly.
- Suspended weighing: Items can be weighed using a hook on the underside of the balance.
- Recipe weighing/memory: Calculates the weight of a container and ingredients.
- Weight totalising: Multiple weight readings can be totalised on the balance.
Why do I need an approved lab balance?
Approved lab balances must be used in any application where the weight of an item is used to determine its price. Additionally, an approved balance is required for making up medicines in a pharmacy, as well as many weighing applications in medical and pharmaceutical labs.
If you don’t need an approved balance, choose the non-approved Kern PBS Multi-functional Laboratory Balance.
Need help with choosing the right weighing scales or balances for your needs? Speak to our team on 01908 972 660.
|Model||PBJ 620-3M||PBJ 4200-2M||PBJ 6200-2M||PBJ 8200-1M|
|Pan Size||112 x 112mm||170 x 180mm||170 x 180mm||170 x 180mm|
|Weighing Units||g ct kg||g ct kg||g ct kg||g ct kg|
|Operating Temp||10 °C to 30 °C||10 °C to 30 °C||10 °C to 30 °C||10 °C to 30 °C|
|Power Supply||220 V - 240 V AC 50 Hz||220 V - 240 V AC 50 Hz||220 V - 240 V AC 50 Hz||220 V - 240 V AC 50 Hz|
|Construction||Cast aluminium alloys||Cast aluminium alloys||Cast aluminium alloys||Cast aluminium alloys|
|Overall Dims.||210 mm x 330 mm x 70 mm||209 mm x 322 mm x 78 mm||205 mm x 325 mm x 85 mm||210 mm x 330 mm x 78 mm|
|Shipping Dims.||370 mm x 580 mm x 255 mm||370 mm x 460 mm x 255 mm||370 mm x 460 mm x 265 mm||370 mm x 455 mm x 265 mm|